Syria is a land of Ancient History, from the Holy Land to the legendary city of Damascus. A country with a fascinating culture, unparalleled hospitality and delicious food. Getting in is hard, but leaving is the hardest part!
Day 1: Journey to Damascus
- Meet and assist with private vehicle pick-up from Beirut.
- Old Damascus city tour. We’ll discover the finest gems this ancient city has to offer like Azem Palace, the gorgeous Omayyad Mosque, the Church of St. Ananias, the straight street, Asaad Basha Khan, as well as explore Hamidiah Bazaar.
- Overnight in Beit Alwali, a five-star hotel, and the most beautiful place to stay in Damascus.
Day 2: Busra.
- After breakfast, we’ll visit the city of Busra, the once capital of the Roman province of Arabia, and important stopover in the ancient caravan route to Mecca. A magnificent 2nd-century Roman theatre, early Christian ruins, and several mosques are found within its walls to this day.
- Overnight in the village of Mishtaya, near Homs.
Day 3: Palmyra & Homs
- Morning departure to Palmyra; an oasis in the Syrian desert, north-east of Damascus, Palmyra contains the monumental ruins of a great city that was one of the most important cultural centres of the ancient world, and to and witness the effect ISIS left in the beautiful city.
- Later we’ll move to Homs city, you’ll be invited by a local family to try traditional Syrian meals! Then, we will visit the Saint Mary Church of the Holy Belt, and witness the destruction that happened in the city.
- Return to Mishtaya village, overnight in Alwadi Hotel.
Day 4: Krak des Chevaliers, Hama & Aleppo
- After breakfast, we will depart to the magnificent crusader castle (Krak des Chevaliers) that dates back to the 11th century, and we can have lunch accompanied by an amazing view.
- Then, we’ll head to the city of Hama to see the famous waterwheels (Norias) and have lunch there.
- We’ll continue to Aleppo city for dinner, and overnight in Aleppo Palace Hotel.
Day 5: Aleppo
- After breakfast, we will go to explore the beautiful oriental flavored city of Aleppo, and visit its famous citadel, that is considered to be one of the oldest and largest castles in the world, and have a walk through the old city.
- Dinner, and overnight in Aleppo Palace hotel.
Day 6: Saydnay, Maaloula & Damascus
- After breakfast, head to the village of Maaloula, where Aramaic, the language of Christ is still spoken to visit the famous monastery of Saint Thecla and the famous mountain path that holds her name and the monastery of Saints Sergius and Bacchus.
- After that, we head to Saydnaya to visit All-Holy Virgin Monastery, return to Damascus, overnight in Beit Alwali Hotel.
- Overnight in Beit Alwali Hotel.
Day 7: Damascus to Beirut
- Last morning. Free time to buy some souvenirs and head back to Beirut at noon.
HotelsShared twin room in 4-star hotels (when available) with breakfast.
GuidesExpert local guide and fixer.
TransportPrivate minibus with driver
Security Clearance and visa supportWe will take care of your security clearance and process your visas so you can pay and pick them up on arrival.
Entrance FeesAll entrance fees to sites on your itinerary.
how to join?
If you want to be one of the fortunate people selected for our Syria Expedition III:
- Make sure the dates work with you before you start the selection process.
- SAY YES and complete our online application form below.
- Once you’ve applied and signed up to Wander Expedition, we’ll update you as you move on in the selection process. Check your Spam folder regularly in case the automated emails go there!
The legend has done it again. My 4th expedition and one of my favourites, great itinerary, great people. A guarantee for succes. Can’t wait to do the next!
Simply two words: SAY YES
Ostap Shvayka –
Syria definitely exceeded all our expectations.
Starting with a little luxury by staying in the best hotel in Damascus, getting the best guides out there that didn’t know the word “impossible” and getting to places where other agencies usually don’t take.
Syria is safe, tasty, hospitable , clean and crazy in its own way.
It definitely wasn’t an alcohol-free trip 😄 so besides experiencing incredible sightseeings, culture, cuisine, history and architecture, we had a lot of fun! 🍻🥂🕺💃 in local bars and karaokes.
But what’s more important, as always in such expeditions we made a lot of lifelong friends.
An absolutely incredibly adventure! The itinerary was spot on and we saw all the important sites around the country. The local guides, food, and adventures we had in Syria are incomparable to anything else I’ve experienced, not to mention the amazing travel family you make along the way. Say yes!! You won’t regret it 🙂
Amazing trip to Syria! Great friends, great food and great guides. I highly suggest!
Edouard Alexandre –
First expedition with Wander expeditions and what a journey! Syria is not what you are expecting. First of all, I never felt in danger, warm people, incredible places, food is tasty, program excellent where you can see and learn a lot. Nightlife is very nice between bars and karaokes (local beer and wine available ofc). Regarding the guide, he made Donna Paulsen look like a third string player. People from the fam were incredible. Lifelong friends for sure. Can’t wait for another expedition! SAY YES
Charles Zare –
What an incredible country and what an epic trip! This place has so much to offer, history, culture and some of the warmest people out there. I’m very grateful to Wander Expeditions for getting us the best guides one could ask for and bringing together a great travel family. I highly recommend this trip for anyone looking for an unforgettable adventure!
Nesrin Parlak –
The trip was amazing! I felt safe and comfortable at all times, saw beautiful places, and met with fun people who feel like family now. Can’t wait until the next Expedition!
Julio González Calderón –
The trip of a lifetime
I never imagined that traveling in Syria would be so amazing! From visiting amazing Roman ruins to talking to the locals, walking through the souks on my own in complete safety, taking pictures and even partying and drinking and singing in karaokes! Syria is much more than the bad news that you get on TV, it is an amazing country and I can only thank WE for making this possible and for having this amazing family trip!
Orly Hakimi –
How fortunate was I to be able to experience this trip!!! Alvaro and Wander Expeditions always puts together an exceptional adventure. I wouldn’t be a repeater if I didn’t trust him wholeheartedly; especially to a destination like Syria. What a country, history, culture, food, people, and experience!!! I felt completely safe and comfortable, especially as a solo woman (Jewish heritage) traveler. People couldn’t have been nicer to me (us) and I’ll cherish this opportunity for the rest of my life!
Don’t hesitate. SAY YES!!!
Andres Polanco –
The Syria Expedition was one of the best experiences of my life.
We were a like-minded, energetic group of mixed ethnicities who bonded immediately.
I am proud of being part of this new Family!
The news media and government advisors have portraited Syria as a hostile and repressive environment, but it was just the opposite for us. The nightlife was incredible. We danced, smoked Shisha, did Karaoke, and easily mixed with the locals. Syrians, rather than regarding us with suspicion, were very welcoming.
They are superb hosts, and we felt welcome and safe during the entire trip. Our guides were the best, and the trip was well planned, but the best part was the adventure of being part of my new Travel Family.
Just SAY YES!