One of those countries that you can’t take anyone’s word for it, you need to visit and experience it yourself. Its controversial political turmoil, the raw natural beauty, the passionate warm-blooded locals, and harsh social realities will surprise you beyond belief. We’ll adventure deep in the Amazon jungle to Angel Falls, the highest waterfalls in the World, witness life in vibrant Caracas, and finish off in wild beaches in Choroni NP. What are you waiting for?
Day 1: Arrival in Caracas.
- The Expedition starts with an Airport pick-up and welcome dinner in the city. Meet the group and settle in for our life-changing adventure.
- Overnight stay in our hotel in downtown Caracas.
Day 2: Exploring Caracas
- Full-day exploring Venezuela’s lively capital. We’ll visit the city’s most famous landmarks, walk around the Old Town and see Bolivar’s house, as well as the daily lives of local Caraqueños. We’ll venture into a Barrio, humble neighbourhoods where street art and culture takes over, and we’ll wander to the best viewpoints in town. From there, we will experience some of the quirks of Venezuela like its super inflation and almost free gas. Of course, when in Caracas, we’ll have time to feast on the best Venezuelan gastronomy.
- Dinner and overnight at our four star hotel in downtown Caracas.
Day 3: Journey to Angel Falls
- In the early morning our Expedition heads to Maiquetía Airport, to catch a small charter flight to the rainforests of Canaima NP, where the infamous Salto Angel Waterfall lies, the highest waterfall in the World, towering at 979m over the forests of Canaima. It will be a river expedition that will take a few hours crossing the incredibly photogenic jungles of Canaima, rich in biodiversity. After a short hike, we’ll reach the base of the falls, where we will overnight. Usually tours go back to the lodge on the same day, having just a brief visit in Angel Falls. However, we’ll try to maximize our time at the falls and enjoy a sunset and sunrise there. A night you’ll never forget under the stars, the falls and the sounds of the jungle!
- Dinner and overnight in an adventurous hammock camp at the base of Angel Falls.
Day 4: Angel Falls and Canaima
- After breakfast, we’ll make our way back to Canaima following the course of the winding rivers coveted by the jungle canopy. A cruise you’ll always remember! On arrival at the lodge, we’ll feast and celebrate and attend a Pemon Indigenous cultural show.
- Dinner and overnight our Canaima Lodge.
Day 5: Laguna de Canaima & Sapo Falls
- Upon our arrival in Canaima, we will settle in our comfortable lodge and venture out to explore the Lagoon of Canaima, as well as Sapo Falls, a great appetizer of what’s to come in the next few days.
- Dinner and overnight camp at our luxury Canaima Lodge.
Day 6: Canaima to Choroni
- Our tour departs early in the morning from Caracas crossing Maracay city and the Henri Pittier National Park in a 150 kms journey. We will
drive through the rainforest of the Coastal Range reaching 2200 meters high and drive down all the way to the fishermen village of Choroni.
- Check in upon arrival and leisure in the afternoon to explore the town and visit Playa Grande beach and or enjoy the sunset from the viewpoint overlooking the whole village.
Day 7: Choroni NP & Chuao
- After breakfast we will embark to Chuao for about 20 minutes enjoying views of the coast and different uninhabited and isolated beaches.
Once we reach Chuao we will ride a local transportation and visit one of the most well known Cocoa villages of Venezuela where we will learn
about the process and interact with locals. We will also learn about the tradition of the Dancing Devils of Chuao and enjoy a Tasty Fish
BBQ Lunch with soft drinks and cocktails, we will enjoy the catch of the day relaxing on the sand with a pleasant view of the waters of
Chuao beach, you will also have time to explore the little village and see how the fishermen spend their time working or relaxing. We will
return to Choroni with the sea current by 4pm.
Day 8: Fly out and goodbye.
- After breakfast, we’ll make our way back to Caracas to take our international flight back home.
HotelsShared twin room in 3 or 4-star hotels (when available).
GuidesExpert local guide and fixer.
TransportPrivate minibus with driver.
Visa SupportWe will take care of your visas so you can pay and pick it up on arrival.
Entrance FeesAll entrance fees to sites on your itinerary.
Local FlightsCharter flights to Canaima NP
Getting a Venezuelan visa is hard, especially for US and Canadian citizens. If your nationality doesn’t require a visa, you are welcome to join us!
Wander Expedition doesn’t book flights for you and is ultimately not responsible for your flight connection, but we can offer guidance and support when you research the best options for you. We will coordinate our entry together, with a direct flight via Madrid with Plus Ultra.
Venezuela can be challenging to navigate, but will be accompanied by a local crew at all times, which will help us interact with locals and have the best possible experience.
This Expedition is perfect for those seeking an adventure in the most beautiful country in South America. The itinerary is one of our favorites, very balanced, with thrills to fill our days but enough comfort to enjoy our nights with our newfound travel family.
how to join?
If you want to be one of the fortunate people selected for our Venezuela Expedition III:
- Make sure the dates work with you before you start the selection process.
- SAY YES and complete our online application form below.
- Once you’ve applied and signed up to Wander Expedition, we’ll update you as you move on in the selection process. Check your Spam folder regularly in case the automated emails go there!