Nagaland & Bhutan
Nagaland & Bhutan
One of the hot launches for 2024! We combined the headhunters in Nagaland with the always magical Bhutan in the perfect itinerary in the best season to visit the Himalayas.
Nagaland, a region unlike any other, our expedition takes us off the beaten path, winding through jungles and the majestic Himalayas to encounter some of Asia’s most fascinating tribes, including the Konyak “headhunters” of Nagaland. Bhutan, a sovereign Himalayan Kingdom, is renowned for its stunning Buddhist monasteries and the iconic Tiger’s Nest Monastery, making it a must-visit destination for hikers seeking breathtaking trails and incredible scenery.
A true adventure that will rarely come by easily! SAY YES now and meet your new travel family!
- The expedition begins in Dibrugarh (India) on the 26th April. You can easily arrive here by taking early flights from Delhi or Kolkata. From Dibrugarh, we’ll set off to our destination, the village of Mon in Nagaland.
- Enjoy a full day with the Konyak tribe, known as the “Headhunter” tribe for the trophies they took after wars with their enemies.
- After breakfast we’ll explore some of the most photogenic villages in Nagaland. We’ll be as far East as you can go in India, and even cross into Myanmar in one of the villages, where the border splits the settlement in half.
- Early in the morning, we’ll drive to Dibrugarh to catch the flight to Bagdogra, where we will spend the afternoon and evening waiting for our next flight to Paro in Bhutan.
- Overnight in Bagdogra.
- We will take a morning flight to Paro in Bhutan.
- Full day discovering everything that Paro has to offer: mingling with locals, the photogenic monasteries and stunning natural surroundings.
- Overnight in Paro.
- After breakfast we’ll drive to Thimphu, where we’ll start exploring.
- Overnight in Thimphu
- Tiger’s Nest is the highlight of this Expedition’s itinerary and we saved this hike for last to end on a high note.
- Overnight in Paro
- After breakfast, it’s the saddest moment of any Expedition: saying goodbye! You can choose where to fly out from the exciting list of choices: Druk Air or Bhutan Airlines fly to Kathmandu (Nepal); and Delhi, Kolkata or Bagdogra in India.
HotelsShared rooms in 3-4star hotels when available
TransportPrivate vehicle and driver.
Flights Dibrugargh-Bagdogra-ParoFlights from Dibrugargh to Bagdogra and Bagdogra to Paro are included.
Entrance FeesAll entrance fees to sites on your itinerary
MealsIn India: Breakfast and dinners in homestays are included (where it's hard to find restaurants or other food options). Bhutan: all included.
Local GuidesExpert crew that will help us navigate and squeeze the most juice of our adventure.
Visa BhutanBhutan visa is included.
Bhutan tourist feeBhutan tourist fee is per day and is all inclusive.
Our Selection Process takes only 10 minutes and it helps us create the best travel family!