This summer, embark on an adventure to explore the wonders of Mongolia with the best travel family possible.
From the majestic landscapes of the Altai Mountains to the dunes of the Gobi Desert, the serene beauty of vast plains awaits. Each day brings a new experience with nomadic families, wild horses, and breathtaking landscapes. With a carefully planned itinerary, this Expedition promises an unforgettable journey for those seeking an off-the-beaten-path adventure filled with cultural immersion and awe-inspiring natural wonders!
Day 0: Arrival – Ulaanbaatar
- Welcome to Mongolia! The Expedition starts on September 1st from Ulaanbaatar, the capital of Mongolia. Our first day is usually full, beginning early in the morning. Therefore, plan to arrive in Ulaanbaatar on August 31st. Take this day to rest and acclimate to the unique surroundings, absorbing the vibrant culture and local charm.
Day 1: Terelj NP and Genghis Khan Statue
- We will start early in the morning by visiting the Gandan Buddhist Monastery, and then we will drive towards Terelj National Park and the Genghis Khan Statue, the biggest stainless steel statue of Genghis Khan sitting atop his horse.
- Overnight: Ger guesthouse at Terelj NP
Day 2: Bayan Gobi – Elsen Tasarkhai Semi Gobi
- Today we will explore the beginning of the Gobi Desert in Elsen Tasarkhai. On our way, we will visit a nomad family and enjoy camel riding for sunset through the dunes.
- Overnight: Elsen Tasarkhai
Day 3: Khustai National Park – Ulaanbaatar city
- Early breakfast, and we will head to Khustai National Park, the land of the wild’s horses, where we will have a short hike around the national park and try to observe the unique wild horses of Mongolia.
- Overnight: Hotel at Ulaanbaatar city
Day 4: Olgii and Altai Mountains
- We will take a domestic flight in the morning to the city of Olgii in the heart of western Mongolia. From there, we will have a long drive to the Altai Tavan Bogd National Park.
- Overnight: Balikty Kol in Tents
Day 5: Altai Mountains and Potanin Glacier River
- Today, we will experience Western Mongolia by horse riding toward Potanin Glacier (2 hours by horse). We will also use camels for transportation of our luggage, tents, and supplies. During this day we will ride through the Altai Tavan Bogd that has some of the most stunning scenery in all of Mongolia with snowy mountains, beautiful glaciers, green valleys, and crystal lakes.
- Overnight: Altai Mountains
Day 6: Eagle hunter family and drive back to Olgii city
- On this day, we will have the opportunity to spend time with the famous Eagle hunter family of Western Mongolia, where we will see his already trained Golden Eagle and hold it on your arm. Then, we will drive to Ulgii City where we will rest in the Hotel after last 2 days exploring the Altai Mountains.
- Overnight: Olgii City.
Day 7: Olgii City and Ulaanbaatar
- If we have time in the morning, we will explore Ulgii City, and then we will take the flight back to Ulaanbaatar. Depending on the arrival time, we will explore the city.
- Overnight: Ulaanbaatar
Day 8: Fly Out
- It’s the saddest moment on any Expedition: we say goodbye until the next time we see each other!
AccomodationShared Twin Rooms in Hotels (3*/4*). Shared rooms in Ger Camps. And tents in Altai Mountains.
TransportPrivate vehicles, fuel and drivers
FoodBreakfast, Lunch and dinners.
ActivitiesAll entrance fees and activities mentioned.
Domestic FlightsFlights to and from Ulaanbaatar-Olgii (Western Mongolia)
Our Selection Process takes only 10 minutes and it helps us create the best travel family!