Pakistan is one of those countries that will shatter all your stereotypes. Full of History, unique ethnic diversity, stunning Himalayan outdoors, warm hospitality and streets full of stories: from snake charming doctors to fire haircuts! And, as always, with the most fun travel family out there!
Day 1: Fairy Meadows.
- In Wander Expeditions we want you to make the most of your time, thats why we ask you to arrive the day before, so that the Day 1 in your Expedition is really a full day. Hence, you will arrive in Islamabad on the 25th.
- Early in the morning of the 26th, our Pakistan Expedition starts and we’ll be flying from Islamabad to Gilgit, in the Himalayan Karakorum.
- After arriving in Gilgit we will head straight to Fairy Meadows. We’ll need to take 4WD through a gnarly road to get there, and then hike for around 3h. In Fairy Meadows, we’ll already have a view of the gorgeous Nanga Parbat, towering over 8125m.
- Overnight in Fairy Meadows.
Day 2: Nanga Parbat Base Camp.
- We’ll wake up for sunrise and hike to the Base Camp of Nanga Parbat for closer views of this 8000m peak. Certainly, one of the highlights of our Expedition.
- After this incredible experience, we’ll journey to the stunning Hunza Valley, where our journey continues.
- Overnight in Hunza.
Day 3: Hunza Valley & Hoper Glacier
- After breakfast we’ll visit Baltit and Altit Fort (over 950 years old). We’ll mesmerize with the best views of Hunza Valley in Eagles Nest. After visiting we’ll have free time to visit Hunza’s market for some shopping or aimless exploration.
- In the afternoon, we’ll head towards Hoper Valley in Nagar District, stopping at various picturesque spots along the way to the magnificent Hoper Glacier.
- Overnight in Hunza.
Day 4: Khunjerab Pass and China Border.
- Our departure after breakfast is for Khunjerab Pass, we’ll journey along the legendary Karakorum Highway all the way until the Pak-China border. Khunjerab Pass is at 4,693 m one of the highest border crossings in the world. We’ll return to Passu in the evening.
- Overnight in Passu.
Day 5: Hussaini Suspension Bridge and Atabad Lake
- After breakfast we drive to Passu Glacier and the famous Hussaini hanging bridge. The dangling view of the Himalayan riverbed below your feet is a scary experience you’ll hardly forget! From there, we’ll head to Atabad Lake and drive back to Gilgit.
- On the way, we’ll feast our eyes with Rakaposhi View Point (Rakaposhi is 7788 m) and explore Gilgit town before dinner.
- Overnight in Gilgit.
Day 6: Islamabad
- After our last breakfast together we depart for Islamabad by domestic Flight. It will take approximately 1 hours. After landing we will be visiting Faisal Mosque and then go to Margalla Hills for lunch at the Hill top restaurant, an excellent place to feast with music and enjoying the view.
- In the afternoon, we’ll travel from Islamabad to Lahore.
- Overnight in Lahore.
Day 7: Lahore
- We start our day visiting the eclectic and culturally rich city of Lahore. From it’s monuments: Badshahi Mosque, Lahore Fort, Wazir Khan Mosque to it’s streets full of stories. We’ll explore the spice and fish markets, street doctors, snake enchanters, and of course, the infamous fire hair dressers. If you are daring enough, you might have a chance to cut your hair with fire!
- In the afternoon, we’ll visit the famous Wagah Border for it’s flag ceremony. The ceremony has trascended tradition now, and is a huge show with stands in both the Pakistan and the Indian side of the border and audiences cheering for each side. It’s a unique experience you can’t miss when in Lahore!
- Overnight in Lahore.
Day 8: Lahore
- We’ll continue to explore everything this city has to offer in the morning.
- After lunch, it’s the saddest moment of any Expedition: saying goodbye!
HotelsShared rooms in 3-4star hotels when available
TransportPrivate van and driver.
Domestic FlightsReturn flights from Islamabad to Gilgit.
Entrance FeesAll entrance fees to sites on your itinerary.
MealsAll meals are included: breakfast, lunch and dinner.
Visa AssistanceMost nationalities can get an evisa to visit Pakistan. We'll assist you in the process should you have any doubts.
Local GuidesExpert crew that will help us navigate and squeeze the most juice of our adventure.
how to join?
If you want to be one of the fortunate people selected for our Pakistan Expedition:
- Make sure the dates work with you before you start the selection process.
- SAY YES and complete our online application form below.
- Once you’ve applied and signed up to Wander Expedition, we’ll update you as you move on in the selection process. Check your Spam folder regularly in case the automated emails go there!