Saudi has reopened for tourism after being open for only a year before the pandemic hit. The biggest country in the Middle East is also one of the most secluded ones, after decades of not receiving any tourists. Now that it’s opening up again, are you going to miss it? Join us in exploring one of the World’s best kept secrets before it changes forever.
Day 1: Jeddah
- On every Wander Expedition we want to maximize our time exploring. Therefore, you should arrive at least a day early, on December 12th, to Jeddah, so we can fully explore the city on our first day, December 13th.
- Overnight in Jeddah.
Day 2: Road to Jizan
- We will do our longest drive of the trip, and our schedule remains completely flexible: we are free to stop were we choose!
- On our plan, driving South along the Red Sea coast to Jizan.
- Overnight in Jizan.
Day 3: Farasan Islands
- Full day exploring the Farasan Islands. Despite being close to the coast, this archipelago seems very off the beaten path. We’ll enjoy its photogenic pristine beaches and snorkel in the Red Sea.
- Overnight in Farasan.
Day 4: Jizan
- We’ll visit ferry back to the mainland and spend the day exploring the city of Jizan, the main hub in the South of Saudi.
- Overnight in Jizan.
Day 5: Abha
- Full day exploring the mountain region of Abha and it’s iconic buildings, heavily influenced by Yemeni architecture.
- We’ll wander the streets of Rijal Almaa, the Unesco WHS village.
- Overnight in Abha.
Day 6: Zee Ain Village
- Our roadtrip continues north as we head to Zee Ain, another underrated gem of this stunning country. The old village is perched atop a hill surrounded by a lush oasis.
- Overnight in Bisha.
Day 7: Road to Riyadh
- We make our way back to the capital, just in time for some exploring after sundown, when the city comes to life.
- We’ll try the local delicacies and wander the markets in search of the best souvenirs in Saudi.
- Overnight in Riyadh.
Day 8: Goodbye & Fly out
- After breakfast, the saddest moment of any Expedition: saying goodbye!
HotelsShared rooms in 4star hotels (when available).
TransportPrivate van and driver.
Entrance FeesAll entrance fees to sites on your itinerary.
how to join?
If you want to be one of the fortunate people selected for our Saudi Expedition II:
- Make sure the dates work with you before you start the selection process.
- SAY YES and complete our online application form below.
- Once you’ve applied and signed up to Wander Expedition, we’ll update you as you move on in the selection process. Check your Spam folder regularly in case the automated emails go there!