Syria is a land of Ancient History, from the Holy Land to the legendary city of Damascus. A country with a fascinating culture, unparalleled hospitality and delicious food. Getting in is hard, but leaving is the hardest part!
Day 1: Journey to Damascus
- Meet and assist with private vehicle pick-up from Beirut Airport.
- Old Damascus city tour. We’ll discover the finest gems this ancient city has to offer like Azem Palace, the gorgeous Omayyad Mosque, the Church of St. Ananias, the straight street, Asaad Basha Khan, as well as explore Hamidiah Bazaar.
- Overnight in Beit Alwali, a five-star hotel, and the most beautiful place to stay in Damascus.
Day 2: Busra.
- After breakfast, we’ll visit the city of Busra, the once capital of the Roman province of Arabia, and important stopover in the ancient caravan route to Mecca. A magnificent 2nd-century Roman theatre, early Christian ruins, and several mosques are found within its walls to this day.
- Overnight in the village of Mishtaya, near Homs.
Day 3: Palmyra & Homs
- Morning departure to Palmyra; an oasis in the Syrian desert, north-east of Damascus, Palmyra contains the monumental ruins of a great city that was one of the most important cultural centres of the ancient world, and to and witness the effect ISIS left in the beautiful city.
- Later we’ll move to Homs city, you’ll be invited by a local family to try traditional Syrian meals! Then, we will visit the Saint Mary Church of the Holy Belt, and witness the destruction that happened in the city.
- Return to Mishtaya village, overnight in Alwadi Hotel.
Day 4: Krak des Chevaliers, Hama & Aleppo
- After breakfast, we will depart to the magnificent crusader castle (Krak des Chevaliers) that dates back to the 11th century, and we can have lunch accompanied by an amazing view.
- Then, we’ll head to the city of Hama to see the famous waterwheels (Norias) and have lunch there.
- We’ll continue to Aleppo city for dinner, and overnight in Aleppo Palace Hotel.
Day 5: Aleppo
- After breakfast, we will go to explore the beautiful oriental flavored city of Aleppo, and visit its famous citadel, that is considered to be one of the oldest and largest castles in the world, and have a walk through the old city.
- Dinner, and overnight in Aleppo Palace hotel.
Day 6: Saydnay, Maaloula & Damascus
- After breakfast, head to the village of Maaloula, where Aramaic, the language of Christ is still spoken to visit the famous monastery of Saint Thecla and the famous mountain path that holds her name and the monastery of Saints Sergius and Bacchus.
- After that, we head to Saydnaya to visit All-Holy Virgin Monastery, return to Damascus, overnight in Beit Alwali Hotel.
- Overnight in Beit Alwali Hotel.
Day 7: Damascus
- We will continue our tour in Damascus, visit the National Museum (10 000 years of culture) handicraft market (the best handmade crafts of the Middle East, and Tekkyieh Mosque.
- Afterwards, we’ll take the train to Have lunch in (Rabweh), and enjoy the beautiful nature.
- Dinner, and overnight in Beit Alwali Hotel, and for our last night, we’ll go to a party in the old city!
Day 8: Damascus to Beirut
- Last morning. Free time to buy some souvenirs and head back to Beirut at noon.
HotelsShared twin room in 4-star hotels (when available) with breakfast.
GuidesExpert local guide and fixer.
TransportPrivate minibus with driver
Security Clearance and visa supportWe will take care of your security clearance and process your visas so you can pay and pick them up on arrival.
Entrance FeesAll entrance fees to sites on your itinerary.
how to join?
If you want to be one of the fortunate people selected for our Syria Expedition II:
- Make sure the dates work with you before you start the selection process.
- SAY YES and complete our online application form below.
- Once you’ve applied and signed up to Wander Expedition, we’ll update you as you move on in the selection process. Check your Spam folder regularly in case the automated emails go there!