If you are looking for a fun African adventure, this is it! Our Expedition will raft the Nile, trek for wild chimpanzees, seek tree climbing lions, safaris, mesmerizing mountains and mingle with locals like never before. It’s the most balanced Ugandan itinerary you’ll find! Packed with activities and incredible outdoors, but also, with enough time to enjoy the new lifelong friends you’ll be making. Welcome to the Wander Fam!
Day 1: Rafting the White Nile.
- The Expedition starts in Entebbe, in the early morning of October 31st. Your inbound flight has to arrive at least the night before, on October 30st, so we can make the most of our first day, and leave early.
- Our schedule for that Day is probably the most thrilling we’ve had on any Day 1 on Wander Expedition. We will be heading to Jinja, the source of the White Nile, where we will do a full day of whitewater rafting.
- We will have a chance to bond in the most fun way with our new travel family surrounded by one of the most beautiful outdoors in the African continent.
- Overnight in a lodge in Jinja.
Day 2: Transfer to Kibale Forest NP.
- We’ll have a chance to drive across Uganda, heading Northwest, to Kibale NP and passing the Equator line, where we’ll stop for a visit.
- In the afternoon, we’ll have an evening walk in the village near Kibale and spot the Colobus monkeys around our hotel.
- Overnight at Nkuluba Lodge.
Day 3: Chimpanzee Trekking.
- In the early morning, we’ll set off to explore Kibale Forest, home of many species of animals, but famous for being the World’s best National Park to spot Chimpanzees in the wild. They are playful and elusive, so we’ll have to trek to see them through the Ugandan rainforest.
- We continue our journey South, to Queen Elizabeth NP, but before reaching the reserve, we’ll take a detour on Rubino Village, on the slopes of the majestic Rwenzori mountains.
- Rwenzori NP is a UNESCO WHS, and excellent place for climbing in Africa, but unfortunately we can’t spare a full week there to hike its amazing trails and peaks. The views will have to do, for now!
- Overnight at Bush Lodge in Queen Elizabeth NP.
Day 4: Safaris at Queen Elizabeth NP
- It’s hard to find a more ideal safari reserve than Queen Elizabeth NP. In a relatively small reserve, you have an immense diversity of wildlife and landscapes.
- We will go for an early morning game drive trying to spot the elusive Big Five: Lion, Leopard, Elephant, Rhino and Buffalo.
- Don’t worry, the Park has many more species, and in the afternoon we’ll explore the Kazinga Channel by boat, giving us a chance to see crocodiles, birds, and hippos! Animals seek the water to drink and play, so it will be an excellent opportunity for some action.
- Overnight at Bush Lodge in Queen Elizabeth NP
Day 5: Tree Climbing Lions
- Queen Elizabeth NP is famous for its tree climbing lions. Spotting them is harder than it seems, but we’ll explore other areas of the National Park, where they usually roam.
- Spotting lions on a tree would be an incredible reward of this second day of safari game drives.
- Overnight at the Enjojo Lodge.
Day 6: Kasubi’s tomb.
- We drive to Kampala, the Ugandan capital, across the country once more, witnessing local life unravel before us. As always on a roadtrip with Wander Expedition, we have the flexibility to stop, and mingle with locals when we feel like it. We use private transports and we get to decide when to stop if something catches our attention.
- As part of this more cultural schedule we have for the day, we’ll visit another UNESCO site in Uganda, the tomb of Kasubi. It’s the burial site of members of the Baganda royal family and arguably the best example of traditional architecture.
- If we have time, we’ll take our PCR tests for onward travel, if not, the next morning.
- Overnight at Forest Cottages.
Day 7: Wandering bustling Kampala
- Kampala is a fun chaotic capital. We’ll dive deep in its bustling markets, mingling with locals and checking out the street food stalls to begin our day full of energy.
- Then, we’ll head to the main city landmarks on a boda boda tour, the local moto-taxis that take you everywhere.
- To finish our fun-filled day, we’ll attend a wedding and see what an Ugandan celebration is really like!
- Overnight at Entebbe Premier Hotel.
Day 8: Goodbyes and Fly out
- After breakfast, the worst moment of every Expedition: we say goodbye. The Expedition is finished and we fly out.
- Some of us will continue on to the South Sudan Expedition for more exciting adventures, living for a week with the Mundari, Dinka, Boya and Toposa tribes.
- The rest of the group, you are free to enjoy laidback Entebbe until your scheduled flight leaves.
Donation to Afghan Refugees$50 donation to support our Afghan Guides seeking refuge
HotelsShared twin room in 4-star hotels (when available).
GuidesExpert local guide and fixer.
TransportPrivate minibus with driver, boats, safari game drives or boda boda tours. Every transport is covered!
FoodThree meals a day with a drink (water or soft drink).
Visa SupportMost nationalities have visa on arrival, but feel free to check with us!
Entrance FeesAll entrance fees to sites on your itinerary.
how to join?
Unfortunately, our Expedition to Uganda is sold out or has no open process at this time.
If you want us to organize a private tour for you, please contact us:
Matei Rusu –
We had some of the best time on our expedition to Uganda with Wander Expedition! We had one of the best travel families we could’ve ever hoped for and it was amazing! There was so much to see and so much wildlife to spot! Amazing! Anyone would’ve loved it!
Valentina Ruiz –
5/5 stars don’t even begin to cover it! Absolutely amazing trip with a diverse, dynamic and just absolutely incredible group of people. The trip itself was a great balance from adventure to sightseeing (the most beautiful animals EVER) and lots and lots of fun. I would recommend it a million times it was a perfect adventure! SAY YES!
One of the best experiences that i have ever had:) Alvaro and the team are very organised and exceeded our expectations!!! Highly recommend it to everyone that is looking for fun adventures .. cant wait for more expeditions with my wander fam!
Manon Fesquet –
Amazing trip, amazing people, amazing country. In so many ways this is a once in a lifetime experience that I will never forget, thank you so so much !! Looking forward for the next adventures for sure.
Jorge Dominguez –
The expedition to Uganda was an amazing experience! Wander expeditions created the best travel family and we had a great time together. The whole itinerary was amazing and we had tons of fun while enjoying Uganda. I would definitely recommend joining this expedition (or any other) if you are up for a good time
Brian Rohloff –
What can I say such a great experience met so many cool people along with amazing locals. Chimps, lions,elephants,hippos, the list of animal life goes on. Also got to ride on the back of a motor bike definitely a heart racing experience to end up at a local wedding. Underdressed and a little dirty but still welcomed with open arms to a celebration of a lifetime. If you want not only true lifetime experiences and a new travel family this is why you say YES!
Joe Joiner –
White water rafting, chimp trekking, the safari: this trip really had it all! Alvaro planned a great itinerary with amazing guides, everything was organised perfectly. And the group of travellers was great too – trust the process! This trip had everything you could want from a trip to Africa, I can only recommend!
Barry Hoffner –
Incredible adventure to a great country of diverse sights and graciously kind people with a very international group of kindred travelers. Highly recommend this exciting trip! Barry