If you are looking for a fun African adventure, this is it! Our Expedition will raft the Nile, trek for wild chimpanzees, seek tree climbing lions, safaris, mesmerizing mountains and mingle with locals like never before. It’s the most balanced Ugandan itinerary you’ll find! Packed with activities and incredible outdoors, but also, with enough time to enjoy the new lifelong friends you’ll be making. Welcome to the Wander Fam!
Day 1: Rafting the White Nile.
- The Expedition starts in Entebbe, in the early morning of October 31st. Your inbound flight has to arrive at least the night before, on October 30st, so we can make the most of our first day, and leave early.
- Our schedule for that Day is probably the most thrilling we’ve had on any Day 1 on Wander Expedition. We will be heading to Jinja, the source of the White Nile, where we will do a full day of whitewater rafting.
- We will have a chance to bond in the most fun way with our new travel family surrounded by one of the most beautiful outdoors in the African continent.
- Overnight in a lodge in Jinja.
Day 2: Transfer to Kibale Forest NP.
- We’ll have a chance to drive across Uganda, heading Northwest, to Kibale NP and passing the Equator line, where we’ll stop for a visit.
- In the afternoon, we’ll have an evening walk in the village near Kibale and spot the Colobus monkeys around our hotel.
- Overnight at Nkuluba Lodge.
Day 3: Chimpanzee Trekking.
- In the early morning, we’ll set off to explore Kibale Forest, home of many species of animals, but famous for being the World’s best National Park to spot Chimpanzees in the wild. They are playful and elusive, so we’ll have to trek to see them through the Ugandan rainforest.
- We continue our journey South, to Queen Elizabeth NP, but before reaching the reserve, we’ll take a detour on Rubino Village, on the slopes of the majestic Rwenzori mountains.
- Rwenzori NP is a UNESCO WHS, and excellent place for climbing in Africa, but unfortunately we can’t spare a full week there to hike its amazing trails and peaks. The views will have to do, for now!
- Overnight at Bush Lodge in Queen Elizabeth NP.
Day 4: Safaris at Queen Elizabeth NP
- It’s hard to find a more ideal safari reserve than Queen Elizabeth NP. In a relatively small reserve, you have an immense diversity of wildlife and landscapes.
- We will go for an early morning game drive trying to spot the elusive Big Five: Lion, Leopard, Elephant, Rhino and Buffalo.
- Don’t worry, the Park has many more species, and in the afternoon we’ll explore the Kazinga Channel by boat, giving us a chance to see crocodiles, birds, and hippos! Animals seek the water to drink and play, so it will be an excellent opportunity for some action.
- Overnight at Bush Lodge in Queen Elizabeth NP
Day 5: Tree Climbing Lions
- Queen Elizabeth NP is famous for its tree climbing lions. Spotting them is harder than it seems, but we’ll explore other areas of the National Park, where they usually roam.
- Spotting lions on a tree would be an incredible reward of this second day of safari game drives.
- Overnight at the Enjojo Lodge.
Day 6: Kasubi’s tomb.
- We drive to Kampala, the Ugandan capital, across the country once more, witnessing local life unravel before us. As always on a roadtrip with Wander Expedition, we have the flexibility to stop, and mingle with locals when we feel like it. We use private transports and we get to decide when to stop if something catches our attention.
- As part of this more cultural schedule we have for the day, we’ll visit another UNESCO site in Uganda, the tomb of Kasubi. It’s the burial site of members of the Baganda royal family and arguably the best example of traditional architecture.
- If we have time, we’ll take our PCR tests for onward travel, if not, the next morning.
- Overnight at Forest Cottages.
Day 7: Wandering bustling Kampala
- Kampala is a fun chaotic capital. We’ll dive deep in its bustling markets, mingling with locals and checking out the street food stalls to begin our day full of energy.
- Then, we’ll head to the main city landmarks on a boda boda tour, the local moto-taxis that take you everywhere.
- To finish our fun-filled day, we’ll attend a wedding and see what an Ugandan celebration is really like!
- Overnight at Entebbe Premier Hotel.
Day 8: Goodbyes and Fly out
- After breakfast, the worst moment of every Expedition: we say goodbye. The Expedition is finished and we fly out.
- Some of us will continue on to the South Sudan Expedition for more exciting adventures, living for a week with the Mundari, Dinka, Boya and Toposa tribes.
- The rest of the group, you are free to enjoy laidback Entebbe until your scheduled flight leaves.
Donation to Afghan Refugees$50 donation to support our Afghan Guides seeking refuge
HotelsShared twin room in 4-star hotels (when available).
GuidesExpert local guide and fixer.
TransportPrivate minibus with driver, boats, safari game drives or boda boda tours. Every transport is covered!
FoodThree meals a day with a drink (water or soft drink).
Visa SupportMost nationalities have visa on arrival, but feel free to check with us!
Entrance FeesAll entrance fees to sites on your itinerary.
Our Selection Process takes only 10 minutes and it helps us create the best travel family!