One of those times where the journey is more important than the destination. If you love roadtrips and Eastern Europe, this Expedition is for you!
Day 1: Road to Dnipro
- We start off early from Kiev and drive to Dnipro.
- Exploring the city and its beautiful parks by the river.
- Overnight in Dnipro.
Day 2: Road to Odessa
- We will do our longest drive of the trip, and our schedule remains completely flexible: we are free to stop were we choose!
- Afternoon exploring the beautiful coastal city of Odessa.
- Overnight in Odessa.
Day 3: Transnistria
- Full day exploring the unrecognized country of Transnistria.
- Overnight in Comrat, Gaugazia.
Day 4: Gagauzia
- Wandering the streets of Comrat, the capital of the autonomous region of Gagauzia.
- Afternoon in Odessa.
- Overnight in Odessa.
Day 5: Odessa and Vinnitsya
- Exploring Odessa in the morning.
- Wandering Vinnitsya in the afternoon.
- Overnight in Termopil.
Day 6: Lviv.
- Full day exploring Lviv.
- Overnight in Lviv.
Day 7: Tunnel of Love.
- We drive from Lviv to Chernobyl, stopping on the famous Tunnel of Love on the way.
- Family home-cooked dinner in our Airbnb in Chernobyl.
Day 8: Chernobyl.
- Full day exploring Chernobyl.
- Overnight in Kiev
Day 9: Goodbye & Fly out
- After breakfast, the saddest moment of any Expedition: saying goodbye!
Where do I begin… I joined this expedition not exactly sure what to expect, all I knew was that Chernobyl was on my bucket list and Wanderexpedition was offering what seemed to be a cool road trip around Ukraine and Chernobyl was on the list of things to see so I figured why not. Well trip exceeded my expectations. Not only was this the best road trip I’ve ever been on but I met some amazing people I can now call family. Alvaro really pays attention to detail; he has a knack for really picking the right people. You can tell he knows what he’s doing and really goes out of his way to ensure not only our safety but to make sure we’re all enjoying ourselves and gives us an opportunity to always chime in if we want to try something different. He’s always engaging with the group and is really a funny down to earth guy. Thank you Alvaro for organizing this trip can’t wait to join you on the next expedition. Now if only I can decide which one…