One of those countries that you can’t take anyone’s word for it, you need to visit and experience it yourself. Its controversial political turmoil, the raw natural beauty, the passionate warm-blooded locals, and harsh social realities will surprise you beyond belief. We’ll adventure deep in the Amazon jungle to Angel Falls, the highest waterfalls in the World, witness life in vibrant Caracas, and finish off with another uncharted adventure in the Orinoco river exploring its fauna, flora and indigenous communities. What are you waiting for?
Day 1: Arrival in Caracas.
- The Expedition starts with an Airport pick-up and welcome dinner in the city. Meet the group and settle in for our life-changing adventure.
- Dinner and overnight at our four star hotel in downtown Caracas.
Day 2: Exploring Caracas
- Full-day exploring Venezuela’s lively capital. We’ll visit the city’s most famous landmarks, walk around the Old Town and see Bolivar’s house, as well as the daily lives of local Caraqueños. We’ll venture into a Barrio, humble neighbourhoods where street art and culture takes over, and we’ll wander to the best viewpoints in town. From there, we will experience some of the quirks of Venezuela like its super inflation and almost free gas. Of course, when in Caracas, we’ll have time to feast on the best Venezuelan gastronomy.
- Dinner and overnight by the airport to catch our early morning flight tomorrow.
Day 3: Journey to Angel Falls
- In the early morning our Expedition heads to Maiquetía Airport, to catch a small charter flight to the rainforests of Canaima NP, where the infamous Salto Angel Waterfall lies, the highest waterfall in the World, towering at 979m over the forests of Canaima. It will be a river expedition that will take a few hours crossing the incredibly photogenic jungles of Canaima, rich in biodiversity. After a short hike, we’ll reach the base of the falls, where we will overnight. Usually tours go back to the lodge on the same day, having just a brief visit in Angel Falls. However, we’ll try to maximize our time at the falls and enjoy a sunset and sunrise there. A night you’ll never forget under the stars, the falls and the sounds of the jungle!
- Dinner and overnight in an adventurous hammock camp at the base of Angel Falls.
Day 4: Angel Falls and Canaima
- After breakfast, we’ll make our way back to Canaima following the course of the winding rivers coveted by the jungle canopy. A cruise you’ll always remember!
- Dinner and overnight in our hammock camp in Mayupa.
Day 5: Laguna de Canaima & Sapo Falls, & Orinoco River
- Upon our arrival in Canaima, we will venture out to explore the Lagoon of Canaima, as well as Sapo Falls.
- Flight to Ciudad Bolivar or Puerto Ordaz after midday. Lunch before departure. Boat ride in the Orinoco river and late arrival to the lodge, dinner included.
- Dinner and overnight camp at our luxury Canaima Lodge.
Day 6: Pedernales – Orinoco Delta.
- Departure to Pedernales. Visit to Isla Misteriosa and Winamorena, both quite interesting Warao indigenous people villages. Boat ride back to Orinoco Queen, late arrival.
Day 7: Warao Indigenous People
- Breakfast. Canoe tour in the Orinoco river. Wildlife observation tour and visiting the Warao Community. Drive to Puerto Ordaz and overnight at a hotel in the city.
- Overnight Puerto Ordaz.
Day 8: Fly out and goodbye.
- Fly from Puerto Ordaz to Caracas in the morning, and catch our flights home in the afternoon/evening.
HotelsShared twin room in 3 or 4-star hotels (when available).
GuidesExpert local guide and fixer.
TransportPrivate minibus with driver.
Visa SupportWe will take care of your visas so you can pay and pick it up on arrival.
Entrance FeesAll entrance fees to sites on your itinerary.
Local FlightsCharter flights to Canaima NP
MealsMeals on our Angel Falls and Orinoco boat Expeditions are included to make things easier. Days 3-6 and the Lunch on Day 7.
Our Selection Process takes only 10 minutes and it helps us create the best travel family!