The Stans are back! One of out bestsellers, with our already classic itinerary over-landing Kyrgyzstan and Kazakhstan. Spring is the perfect time to explore the stunning raw outdoors and rich nomad lifestyle. There are few places more off the beaten path than Central Asia and this is a great way to combine these countries. A balanced and very affordable Expedition, where we’ll use our time efficiently to experience the nature and live with nomads. All of it with the best possible company of new lifelong friendships you’ll create.
IMPORTANT: You can combine this Expedition with the Afghanistan Expedition the following week!
KAZAKHSTAN & KYRGYZSTAN
You can combine this Expedition with Afghanistan Expedition the following week.
Expedition starts on the 29th June from Almaty, Kazakhstan. Our first days are usually a full day, starting from the early morning. Therefore, you need to arrive in Almaty at any time on June 28th. This also provides an excellent opportunity to explore Almaty, as we will be departing early the next day.
Day 1: Almaty – Charyn Canyon (Kazakhstan)
- Today we’ll explore Charyn Canyon, the Beautiful and intelligible little sister of Colorado Canyon in USA.
- Overnight in Saty village
Day 2: Kolsai Lake – Karakol (Kyrgyzstan)
- Early morning we drive to Kolsai to admire the beautiful and pristine alpine lake. Afterwards we’ll take the mountain roads and head to the border pass with Kyrgyzstan. We’ll cross over to Karakol, where we will spend the night.
- Overnight in Karakol
Day 3: Karakol – Barskoon – Issyk Kul
- Today we’ll explore the town of Karakol and it’s impressive wooden orthodox church. Then, we’ll continue on to have a picnic lunch in Barksoon valley and mesmerize at the jaw dropping view of Jety Oguz. We will end up in Yurts by the
Issyk Kul Lakes.
- Overnight in Yurts Issyk Kul Lake
Day 4: Eagle hunting – Naryn
- We’ll start with the eagle hunting show and then we will drive to the South of Kyrgyzstan and drive to Naryn city on the way we stop in beautiful places and Dolon pass which is on 3030 meters above the sea level.
- Overnight in Naryn
Day 5: Naryn – Tashrabat
- We will take the road to an ancient Caravanserai of Tashrabat which was built back in X-XI centuries by the merchants of the great Silk road. We drive along the modern silk road and beautiful valley of At Bashy.
- Overnight in Naryn
Day 6: Songkul Lake – Kok Boru
- We immerse ourselves in the scenic beauty of Songkul Lake, one of the most beautiful areas around there where we will see Kyrgyz National nomadic game called Kok Boru. It’s the highlight of our Expedition.
- Overnight at yurt camp
Day 7: Burana Tower – BishKek
- After Breakfast, we leave the scenery of Song Kul lake and we will drive to Bishkek, with a stop on the way in Burana tower.
- Overnight in Bishkek.
Day 8: It’s time to say goodbye; fly out on your final morning.
AccomodationShared rooms in 3*/ 4* star hotels when available and Yurt camps.
TransportPrivate van, or 4WD and driver.
Entrance FeesAll entrance fees to sites on your itinerary.
ActivitiesKok Boru, Eagle Hunting, horseback riding, Nomad games and Yurt camps.
MealsSome meals are included (when we don't have any alternatives to choose from, ie: yurt camps) and some are not (whenever we can have a bit more flexibility and choose what we prefer on the spot).
Our Selection Process takes only 10 minutes and it helps us create the best travel family!